How do I photocopy using the Multi-functional Devices?
Answered By: Alex McIlroy Last Updated: Feb 26, 2016 Views: 44
The default settings for copying on the Multi-functional Devices (MFDs) are black and white (mono) copying at a cost of 5p per side, and single sided.
At the MFD:
- Place the document on the document feeder face up or on the glass plate face down. If using the glass plate, put the document on the top left hand corner, face down.
- Insert your Smartcard or visitor printing card into the reader and press the red STOP button.
The MFD should become active now.
- On the touch screen, select COPY.
- On the touch screen, select the options required.
- For colour copies, select MORE under the Output Colour option. Then select Colour. Please note that copying in colour costs 20p per side and can only be achieved using a Colour MFD.
- For stapling / hole-punching options, select MORE under the Copy Output option. Then select the options you want to use.
Select the number of copies you require using the keypad to the right of the touchscreen and then press the large green Start button on the MFD to begin copying.
Once you have finished, press STOP on the card reader and wait until the card reader tells you to remove your card.
Please note that if the MFD you are using does not have the resources required to complete your copying job, it may prevent the job from being processed.
Can't find the answer you need?
Use the form below to send us your question.