What should I do if I can't find a journal article in the Library?

Answered By: Alex McIlroy
Last Updated: Jun 16, 2017     Views: 69

If you are unable to find the journal article you need in the Library, you may be able to request it through Inter-Library Loan. How you do this depends on what type of a library user you are.

Undergraduates, Postgraduate students (taught) and Teaching Assistants:

You will need to complete an article request form and get signed permission from the Office Manager of your School. Completed forms should be handed or posted to the Queen's Library you normally use.

Postgraduate students (research) and Staff:

Requests can be placed online for material not held by the Library. This can be achieved by either:

  • using 'Request an Inter-Library Loan' on the QCat Library Catalogue
  • clicking 'QConnect' and then 'Inter-Library Loan' when carrying out an article search

Other Users:

  • HSC members should refer to the HONNI website for further details about requesting material.
  • AFBI members should refer to the AFBI Library Online website for further details
  • Associate members can obtain ILL request forms at any library branch. There is a charge of £10 per request, payable on receipt of the item.

Related Topics

Can't find the answer you need?

Use the form below to send us your question.

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.