My hold is ready to collect. Where do I go?
Answered By: Alex McIlroy Last Updated: May 08, 2017 Views: 147
You will be notified by email when your hold or item you have reserved is ready to collect. The email will also tell you which Library you should collect it from.
The McClay Library and Biomedical Library
- Go to the self-service collection shelves or holds shelf in the Library.
- You will find the hold shelved under the first 3 letters of your surname and the last 4 digits of your borrower number.
- After checking that it is the correct item, use the self-service machines to issue the item to yourself.
The self-service collection shelf in The McClay Library is located in the Short Loan Collection area on the ground floor of the library, while in the Biomedical Library, it is located opposite the Borrower Services Desk.
The Medical Library
If you have selected the Medical Library as the pick-up point for your hold, you will need to:
- go directly to the Borrower Services Desk in the Medical Library
- advise staff that you have a hold that is ready for collection
- once located on the hold shelf, library staff will issue the item to you