What is in The McClay Library?
Answered By: Alex McIlroy Last Updated: Jun 17, 2015 Views: 47
There are 4 floors in The McClay Library. There are detailed maps on every floor (on the wall beside the lifts) or ask a member of staff for assistance.
At the entrance to the Library, you will find:
- the student lounge area where students can eat and drink
- Hope Cafe which is open to students and the public
Beyond the the reception area, you will find:
- the Borrower Services desk
- Short Loan area
- Laptop station
- Print rooms with visitor printing in the short loan area
- the IT Service Desk
- Silent reading rooms
- Language Lab
- Group Study Rooms 1, 1A, 2 and 2A
Floors 1 - 3
All floors have print rooms, computer whisper zones, mobile shelving for journals, books, silent reading areas towards the Botanic Gardens side of the Library as well as study rooms.
- Special Collections and University Archive
- Enquiry Desk for Special Collections and University Archive
- C.S. Lewis Room
- The Language Centre
- Group Study Rooms 3 - 7
- Shelving housing shelfmarks A - H
- Enquiry Desk for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Subject Librarians for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Shelving housing shelfmarks J - P
- Group Study Rooms 8 - 16
- Book Store - there is no access to this bookstore for readers. Books must be requested at the Borrower Services Desk on the ground floor or online.
- Enquiry Desk for Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Subject Librarians for Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Shelving housing shelfmarks Q - Z
- Group Study Rooms 17 - 21
Can't find the answer you need?
Use the form below to send us your question.