How do I send my New (ProQuest) RefWorks library into EndNote?
Answered By: Richard Fallis Last Updated: Jul 02, 2019 Views: 51
Export references from ProQuest RefWorks
1. Sign in to ProQuest RefWorks and display the references you want to migrate (e.g. all or by folder)
2. From the menu bar at the top, select the Share option and then select Export References
3. Select RIS Format, then click Export
4. Save the .ris file to your computer. Remember the file location for importing into EndNote
Then, either: import references into EndNote Desktop
1. Create a new EndNote library, or open an existing one to import the file with your references from RefWorks.
2. Select File > Import > File
3. In the Import File menu click Choose … to locate your file of exported RefWorks references. From the Import Option drop-down list, choose Reference Manager (RIS). You can choose whether EndNote should discard identical citations or Import All. You do not need to change the Text Translation option unless your operating system is using a language setting other than English
4. Click Import. Your references will appear in your EndNote Library.
Or: import references into EndNote Online
1. Sign in to EndNote Online and select Collect > Import References
2. Then click the Browse button to locate your file of exported RefWorks references
3. Select Import Option RefMan RIS. You can select a group to import your references into.
4. Click Import. EndNote online will confirm the number of references imported and the destination group (if selected)