How can I access the Construction Information Service database?
Answered By: Irene Bittles Last Updated: Oct 05, 2021 Views: 7
The Construction Information Service database provides access to building regulations, technical guides, reports, briefings, industry news and more.
This database has recently moved to a new platform. The first time you access it on the new platform, you need to create an account using your QUB email address.
- Find the Construction Information Service on the library catalogue (you may be asked to sign in with your QUB ID card details)
- Click on the “Full text through QConnect” link
- Click the QConnect button
- On the IHS Markit Login screen, enter your QUB email address
- If this is your first time accessing the database click Create a New Account. You will receive an email to your QUB email address with an activation code. Enter the activation code on the IHS Markit website. You will then be asked to enter your name and to create a personal password.
- If you have already created an account, click Continue and sign in with your QUB email address and your personal IHS Markit password. If you have forgotten the password, click the Forgot Password? link to set up a new password.
- You will be taken to the IHS Markit Main Menu screen. Select The Construction Information Service - CIS from the available services.
Please note: British Standards are listed in the Construction Information Service database, but the documents are not included. You can access these standards via the British Standards Online database.
Can't find the answer you need?
Use the form below to send us your question.