How do I load money onto my student smart card?
Answered By: Alex McIlroy Last Updated: May 08, 2017 Views: 771
Your smart card is another name for your student card or Queen's staff card. You can load money onto your card for printing and copying, paying fines, purchasing books in the book shop and for use in the restaurants and cafes on the Queen's campus.
There are two ways to add funds to your card; via the cash upload machines or via Queen's Online.
Using the cash upload machine:
- insert your card
- insert your money
- once the money has loaded onto your card, press STOP and remove the card
Please note, the cash upload machine accepts £1 coins, £2 coins or bank notes. It does not give out change. The cash upload machines can be found:
- McClay Library - print room in the extended hours reading room
- Medical Library - located near the student computing area in the library
- Biomedical Library - in the small study area behind the library office
Using Queen's Online:
- Access Queen's Online
- In the Smart Card section, click on ADD FUNDS
- Follow the instructions for using a debit or credit card to add money or transfer funds from one purse to another.
Using a debit or credit card to add funds to your smart card will give you a better rate e.g. you will get an extra 20% free meaning that for every £5.00 you add to your card, you will get £6.00 credit. However there is a delay of approximately 15 minutes before you can use your card to print / copy.
Can't find the answer you need?
Use the form below to send us your question.