Why can't I import to RefWorks from Article Search?
Answered By: Diarmuid Kennedy Last Updated: May 28, 2019 Views: 80
Please note: the Library will be cancelling its RefWorks subscription at the end of December 2020. RefWorks users should switch to using another reference management tool such as EndNote or Mendeley.
There is a bug with Article Search (and other EBSCO databases including Historical Abstracts, MLA, America: History & Life, CINAHL etc.) which can prevent references from exporting to RefWorks (especially if you are working from home). The problem has been reported to EBSCO, but if you run into this problem the following should enable you to work around it:
1. When exporting select Direct Export in RIS Format instead of RefWorks:
2. Save the file to your PC or Mac - don't open it.
3. From your RefWorks account select import
4. From the Import box select as follows from the drop down menus and then Browse to find and open the RIS file:
6. Click the Import button to complete.