How do I export references from the ACS (American Chemical Society) website into RefWorks?
Answered By: Irene Bittles Last Updated: May 28, 2019 Views: 100
Please note: the Library will be cancelling its RefWorks subscription at the end of December 2020. RefWorks users should switch to using another reference management tool such as EndNote or Mendeley.
Select the ACS citations you wish to export by ticking the boxes next to your search results
Click the Download Citations link at the top of the results list
In the Download Citations window:
- For "Format" select RIS
- For "Include" select the level of details you would like to export
- Click the Download Citation(s) button. You will be prompted to download and save a file to your computer
Save the file to your computer as a .ris file
Log into your RefWorks account.
In the Import References popup window:
- Select ACS Publications from the Import Filter/Data Source drop-down menu
- Select RIS Format from the Database drop-down menu
- At the Select Text File box, click Browse to select the .ris file of your records
Your records should appear in the Last Imported Folder
Can't find the answer you need?
Use the form below to send us your question.