Where do I get funds to pay for Gold Open Access?

Answered By: Open Access Team
Last Updated: May 27, 2016     Views: 275

Queen’s receives annual block grants from The Research Councils UK (RCUK) and the Wellcome Trust and Charity Open Access Fund (COAF). These grants are given to the University to support the cost of Gold Open Access.

The open access team administers these block grants and funding is allocated on a first come, first served basis.  If you want to avail of this funding and find out whether you meet the requirements please see here.

The Library has also subscribed to a number of prepayment and membership schemes to reduce the cost of open access article processing charges (APCs). For more details and the full list of membership deals that the library has to offer please see here

Need more help? Email our team at or check out our Open Access LibGuide.

Related Topics

Can't find the answer you need?

Use the form below to send us your question.

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.